Sabbath is a British business formed in 2006 which is 100% focused on titanium road bikes and founded by two brothers, one an ex-pro cyclist and the other a PhD in materials and engineering design.
Manufactured in Asia with Quality Assurance (“QA”) and finishing in Macclesfield, UK, Sabbath bikes have a heavy focus on QA involving tapping, reaming, facing and a 15-point quality passport.
A design philosophy that is creative, bold and utterly focused on the rider experience, designed to deliver the best in handling, responsiveness and comfort.
Sabbath bikes focus on form as well as function, delivering distinctive and beautiful frames from plain gauge tubing to industry unique New Wave technology, their tube manipulation translates into an improved rider experience, with many interesting features to engage consumers.
Here at Bspoke Cycles Peebles, we carry the entire range of Sabbath bikes.
- About Titanium
- Titanium, or Ti (atomic #22) is known for its strength and low density, in fact it has the highest strength to weight ratio of any metal.
- It’s as strong as steel but it’s a full 45% lighter.
- It’s twice as strong as aluminium.
- Ti is a ductile metal and is more forgiving than steel.
- Its ductility is what delivers the famous ‘Ti ride’, perfectly suited for British roads.
- It has excellent fatigue and crack resistance properties and will not snap in an accident or in handling.
- Ti will not rust or corrode under any atmospheric conditions or even in contact with salt water.
- Due to its unique combination of properties Ti is used extensively in the aerospace industry – an estimated 59 tons are used in a Boing 747 !
- Ti is an English discovery, first found in Cornwall in 1791 by William Gregor.
Performance Road Bike: The Monday’s Child
The Sabbath Monday’s Child with it’s direct and pin-sharp handling is and out-and-out racing bike, perfect for circuit racing, criteriums and aggressive riding. It’s light, stiff and responsive, the design features deliver amazing power transfer with the stiff and responsive rear triangle ensuring the rear end stays rooted to the road, even under extreme sprint efforts.
Entry Level Road Bike: The Aspire
A very affordable titanium bike with timeless traditional aesthetics. Features a slightly compact geometry with long head tube delivering day long comfort and stable handling, thanks to the 0.9mm 3AL/2.5V straight gauge tubeset and sprotive geometry.
read more →
Sportive Road Bike: The Silk Road
The Silk Road offers great versatility with it’s full length mudguards, double-butted main triangle, reduced weight and increased responsiveness. It’s tube manipulation increases stiffness of frame and delivers fantastic power transmission, and the sportive geometry delivers a responsive and engaging ride whilst remaining sure footed and stable.
read more →
Touring, Audax, Commuter, Winter Training Bike: The September
September’s reputation is comfort, stability and versatility, and a slacker head tube angle maintains stability when carrying loads whilst increased stiffness at critical contact points improves power transmission and provides a responsive ride with unbeatable versatility for touring, commuting, as a winter hack, sportives or on the chaingang.
read more →
Touring: The Silk Route
The Sabbath Silk Route features 3AL/2.5V straight gauge seamless tubing, with a slightly ovalised top tube. It’s for touring, has an oversized and ovalised downtube with funky, bump-soaking snaked seat stays, ovalised and snaked chain stays and 135mm drop out spacing which means there’s clearance for a 38mm touring tyre. The frame also features reinforced M6 pannier mounts which can take loads of up to 35kg.